revel, luxuriate, indulge
I write books for children and like going to the beach. Winter makes me cranky but chocolate helps.
This is my space to wallow in whatever writing I want without the weight of purpose. It's not a commentary of my entire life, or my life as an author, but I do like to ponder picture books and writing. Come wander beside me and share your thoughts.
It’s a sad day when a child says, “That dog in the book is like my dog at home!” and the teacher responds blandly with, “Good. You just made a text to self connection.”
For children aged 8 years and under
Entries now open!
To celebrate the launch of my new picture book Somebody’s House, illustrated by Anthea Stead, I’m giving away three Walker Books prize packs, valued at over $100.00 each. Every prize pack includes an author signed copy of Somebody’s House.
The competition is fun and easy to enter – simply create a house of any kind and submit a photo of you with your entry.
You can create a pop-stick house, a drawing, a cubby house, a tree house, a cardboard house or a play-dough house. Any kind of house is fine as long as you create it yourself.
For ideas and inspiration visit the Somebody’s House Pinterest Board.
- Entrants must be 8 years or under and have permission from a guardian to enter.
- The competition is open to residents of Australia only.
- A prize shall be awarded in each of the three categories of National, State (South Australia) and Local (Adelaide Hills).
- All entries must include a photo of the entrant with their entry, their first name, their age and state of residence. (Please specify if you are an Adelaide Hills resident.)
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to PO Box 506, Kent Town, SA 5067 and received before midnight on Monday May 13, 2013.
- The National Prize will be posted to an address nominated by the winner’s guardian. The State and Local prizes will be available for collection at the Lobethal Markets from May 19 to August 19, 2013.
- Entry photos may be displayed at the Lobethal Markets and shared on www.katrinagermein.com and across popular social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
This blog is asleep.
Feel free to search and browse old posts.
You can follow my news on Facebook here.
Littledog will be broadcast on Play School tomorrow at 9:30am on ABC2.
I enjoy hearing other people read my books. Usually I’m the one reading so it’s always a small thrill to hear how someone else presents a story. (Often I think, “That sounds good. Maybe I should try it that way.”)
It’s a bigger thrill to hear someone else present one of my stories on national television. Big Rain Coming was on Play School several years ago and now I’m looking forward to Littledog’s turn in the morning.
The Play School theme notes for the week are here. (Look for Littledog under Wednesday.)
A Littledog printable colouring in sheet is here.
There is lots more about Littledog on Pinterest here.
And you can buy a copy here.